Friday, March 11, 2011

iMania!

For work, I was given an iPhone and it has been such a blessing. It provides an app with such an easy to follow format that those of us who are directionally inept, can get where we're going by simply following a little blinking dot. I can text my boss updates or reminders from anywhere and it remembers previous texts so that carrying on a conversation is a piece of cake. My Google calendar syncs with my phone so that I will never forget a meeting or event again. Typing and texting are such a breeze that I'm positive I'll never say "gone" instead of "home" again! The Pandora app gives me awesome music anytime I want and I couldn't be happier with all the extra free apps like weather, camera, calculator, amazon, youtube, safari, smurf's village, angry birds (lite), and a few paid ones like Michael's Financial Calculator and Fruit Ninja. So you'd think that we'd be set as far as apple products went, right?!



Well, when my boss asked me to sit in line for the iPad 2 earlier this week, I was excited to get out of the office and get some sun. Originally, the plan was to go up to SLC to the only official Apple store in Utah at the crack of dawn and wait in line there. But since I didn't sleep very well last night and a friend of Michael's texted and let us know that some local stores should be carrying the iPad 2 as well, I decided to save time, gas and energy and stick to ProvOrem.

I started at Target as the 1st in line, but was a bit cold and then found out that even though they would get some iPads, they didn't know how many, or even if they'd have at least one of each kind. Since I was on a work errand, I decided that wasn't going to cut it so as soon as Best Buy opened, I called and verified they'd have them all and raced over (going the speed limit, of course ;) as soon as the sales rep told me there were already people in line. I became the 7th.

To make a long story short...er, I enjoyed sitting in line at Best Buy all day with my cooler of healthy snacks, soaking up sun and reading Jane Eyre via the iBooks app (Side Note: Whoever thought up Project Gutenberg was brilliant and is saving me a LOT of mula). I ended up getting the exact iPad my boss wanted, and was able to save a spot in line for a couple other friends and Michael. Yes, Michael has been begging for an iPad and since his netbook is on its way out (and because I'll probably inherit it when he graduates ;) we got one as well.

So here I sit with my three and a half year old Macbook, while my handsome hubby is adoring his new iPad 2 and getting converted to all things apple, after he doctored my sunburn of course. All in a day's work.

Check back soon for an update on the 5k we'll be running tomorrow and our other exciting weekend adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment