Monday, March 14, 2011

5K and Girls' Night!

Saturday mornings should not start before 9am. It should be a law. But alas, our work has sponsored an exercise program and paid for employees and spouses to enter the Rex E. Lee 5k/10k Run, so in an effort to participate and support the cause, we signed up for the 5k.

Our Goal: To Finish. 

With co-workers right before the race (Michael is behind me on the far right).



By the first water stop, I was so thirsty I kept picking up those little cups of water and after the 4th, Michael pulled me into the Creamery on 9th just a few yards away and bought me a water bottle. He's so thoughtful like that. We then walked the rest the way and enjoyed chatting with co-workers and friends, while many others passed us by. But finish we did.... about the time the 10k runners were coming in.


After grabbing some free fruit and a granola bar, I told Michael we should go wait for the raffle. I'd been to other city events and races and knew that they put a fair amount of the entry fees into prizes for random participants. He thought we should skip it but gave in. Taking a seat on the bleachers, we waited through all the announcements of 1st, 2nd and 3rd place... in each age group... for each gender... for both 5k and 10k. It took a while. When they finally started got ready for the prizes, we were a little restless so to make up for it... who's name was one of the first to be drawn?!?? Lindsey Lewis. As soon as I get back from picking up a $20 Goodwood gift certificate, Michael asks, "Can we go now?" "No! What if you win something?!??" So stay we did. About 15 prizes later... sure enough. "We've got a gift certificate for 30 minutes with an instructor in a flight simulator. And the winner is... Michael Lewis."

 

Leave it to my wonderful husband to ask, "Can we go now?" again. There were still tons of prizes left and our co-workers that had stuck around had cheered for us and I insisted we should stay and cheer for them in case someone else from our group won something. I felt really bad at the end that no one did. C'est la vie. 

After a shower and naps, Michael and his siblings went to a John Pinette show in SLC, while I had a Girls' Night. Not a normal Girls' Night with pizza, chocolate and Dixie Chicks mind you, but rather carrots, pineapple, apples, strawberries, green smoothies, mani/pedis, facials and of course, a sophisticated chick flick. I was going to attempt the cat litter facial, but I got the wrong kind of cat litter. So we went with an oatmeal face mask instead and since I forgot to get yogurt, we used egg whites and lemon juice instead. It turned out quite interesting:


I guess "Quick Oats" don't count as "fine oatmeal." So, there you go. I'll get a pro to do facials for us next time, but thanks for the fun evening girlies!

No comments:

Post a Comment