Monday, March 5, 2012

Provo Girls' Book Club

Hey Provo Friends!

I've created a girls' book club and need more members! We will be meeting once a month to discuss book and have some pot luck munchies. Check out the goodreads group for more info. On Wednesday (March 7th) we'll be meeting at my sister-in-law's house (near DI) to discuss Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson. If you want to come, feel free! If you've read the book, great. If not, come find out what it's about. I'll be passing out our new book, Blink by Malcom Gladwell at the meeting or just let me know if you'd like one of the copies and we can figure out a place to meet up or I can possibly just drop it off at your place.

Provo Utah Girls Book Club's currently-reading book montage
Provo Utah Girls Book Club 1 member One book club died and left me with a bunch of library book club set reservations so I'm starting a...

Books we're currently reading

Chains Chains
by Laurie Halse Anderson
Start date: February 1, 2012



View this group on Goodreads »

2 comments:

  1. I saw your blog on a friend's blog (Sarah Hawks). Yesterday I was wishing that I could find/form a book club where people read books like Blink... Any chance you're actually in Provo and open to new members...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. McKenzie, I am so sorry I didn't see this! Unfortunately the book club never really took off. You can check out book club sets for free at the Provo Library and I would do that but nobody would end up picking any up, despite the interest, so I let it die. You're welcome to start it up yourself if you'd like! I can give you or anyone else who wants to take it over the moderator controls for the group on goodreads and the info that I picked up about the sets at the library. Again, sorry I didn't see this last year :-/

      Delete